Sunday, October 9, 2011

Acrylic Paint Upcoming Attempt

I'd like to try painting but I have no idea where to start. So my approach will be this. I'll start on a really small area (more precisely its 88x63 mm) as this is I'm familiar with and can thus observe my progress and note down my new experiences.
I have problems with filling big areas (and in this case it can mean 3-4 cm)with something and detailing so I will try to come up with something that would help me with that.

For this I created a draft with pencil and that's what I'll try to paint when I get to school and I'll have few hours to work on it.

For the time being I'm presenting you here two pictures. One is of the pencil drawing and the other one is colored version. I will use this as a guideline to my little painting and we all will see how it will end up looking. For sure it should teach me something.

First of all, I'll need to buy a bigger brush so I can do the base coat in terms of minutes and not 1 hour as it usually takes me. Then I will follow these steps.

(1. base coat)
2. outlines of what I want to paint (tints of blue)
3. distinguish the dark places (and color them in the shades of blue)
4. color the whole thing starting with the sky and its tones
5. the rest - but adding more base coat for the ground FIRST and then trying to add more detail so it would look good. (I kind of fail in this sometimes so I'll pay attention to that)

After this I will note the difficulties I had and I will note down my experience following these steps. I'll discuss this with Jeremiah later. Hopefully he won't laugh^_~ He'll probably will as this is not by any means the way acrylics should be used. But if anyone would be interested in what I do, I might actually write a little paper on this. Because from the start of artist painting on (trading) cards (here you finally find what I do) this has become an art in itself. But I'm not good at it - yet. ^_~

0 comments:

Post a Comment