Monday, June 1, 2009

Un Chien Andalou - computer sketches

After I made the hand drawn sketches I started looking for various kinds of fonts and tried searching for something that would at least partly look as I wanted. I failed at finding such fonts and thus I started on creating my own just to see how it would look like. Finally it looked well, but the individual letters were not done the best way I could do them. I encountered problems and did not have enough time to work on it.

After this I made few more sketches on paper to see how I should compose the words. I did not want to place them in one long line but to create two lines that would be more or less of the same width. I also played with the black and white background. Then I opened up Illustrator and I've done the same in it with the letters I created earlier. It took me some time to choose one logotype as final. I decided to choose the "wiry" font where one part is on a black background and written in white and the second part is on a white background in black letters. For me this has quite unique look not copying completely old french fonts but it loses a bit on its legibility.

0 comments:

Post a Comment