Monday, June 1, 2009

River Crescent Computer Sketches

After sketching it on a piece of paper I created a computer sketches and tried playing with the crescent form. I tried many bend forms of the text but almost none seemed to work well. I finally chose a slightly bend form that I underlined with a crescent. There was another one I thought about using - text in the form of a wave. I like the idea but I don't find it appropriate for a logotype of a residential area (something that should be at least in my opinion more serious).

Having chosen the final version I started looking for a font that would be suitable. I did not want anything that would be too remarkable (like something with too edgy serifs) but I wanted something that would still catch the eye - I decided to use Adobe Garamond Pro.



I know the sketches are terrible^^. I was struggling with that a lot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment