Friday, June 5, 2009

Final logotypes and montages

When starting working on this project I realized my lack of knowledge about anything concerning typefaces/fonts. I was always given a font that I had to use or I simply used a font that pleased my eyes. I have idea of what kind of fonts I wanted to use for my logotypes but encountered a problem. I simply had no idea what kind of typefaces those fonts are or how they could be called or found. I spent most of the time searching for fonts I just could not find. That’s why I created the letters for Un Chien Andalou myself and that’s were the first problem comes. I hoped that I would sooner or later find a similar font that I could change to look the way I want. But I did not come to that point and that is why I presented the very first attempt at creating letters from scratch (mainly they are hardly symmetrical and I don’t have the knowledge of how a letter is being formed).

My letters ended up more "heavy" then I wanted them to be. The letters should have been more thin and elegant but I did not manage that feel the way I wanted.
Trying to come up with River Crescent logotype also ended up completely different than I expected. It was actually pretty difficult to come up with a suitable idea that would work. Looking for images that would show the logotypes in context was also far more difficult than trying to find a model for the tattoo assignment. I had an idea in my head but couldn't find anything that would please me or would reflect at least partly what I wanted from the images.


0 comments:

Post a Comment