Monday, June 21, 2010

Jump cut attempt?

Well, I don't really have anything good in my mind but I kept in my mind that jump cut can show progression over time of one specific activity (example going down the stairs) and the cuts would show progression in a way that parts of the 'activity' would be missing and this would create one short but fluid video scene. I tried to do few shots/cuts like that in the following video. Let's call it the most boring vid ever^_^

I changed the video camera angle each time just a bit. At first I wanted to show me building the house of cards just with these cuts that wouldn't take anything out but after I realized that the cuts can give it the fluidity the video would need to be "interesting". At least not to bore you to death as well you don't need to see the whole process just something that would show the progression of building it and that's what jump cut is about right? At least from my understanding. (there are other variants of jump cut or well uses for it...so this from my point of view is one of them - hopefully?)

0 comments:

Post a Comment