Wednesday, April 21, 2010

First official entry

What is it that you propose to create?
    One full art drawing. That would consist of an humanoid creature, animal creature and background.

What form will it take?
    It would be one real or digital image. Most probably the first sketches and process would be done on paper. The final image would be digital.

What is the scope of the project?
    What I had in mind originally is this. Each week I would do sketches based on 'topic' I would choose. Example would be Animals for week one. I would produce sketches of animals. This way I would continue till I would have sketches of 'items' I could put together and create one final piece that would be colored in the end of the project.

    What I want to achieve now is something like this in composition. (it's an example - elf, leopard and some scenery. Does not need to have this composition but I want something that would force me to come up with a background of a bigger scope and more different elements to draw/paint)



What is your conceptual basis behind creating the piece?
    Well, since my childhood I was fascinated by fantasy paintings and it was always my dream to manage to paint/draw something like this in the future. One of my dreams was having a full art piece submitted and accepted by Wizards of the Coast. I'm far away from that as I hardly can produce anything like a full art piece (in WotC terms) but this is the time I could try to produce one.

    I will probably ran into many problems starting with composition, drawing human, animal and even the background. Choosing right colors and doing highlights and shadows is something that was always a mystery to me as well. Anyway this is my chance to try to work on one piece for a longer period of time and trying to finish it - so it would look finished. That is my goal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment