Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Brainstorming no.1

Today we had our first class of Cultural Interpretation. We learned something about the first project that awaits us. That is the reason why this blog is being created.
We are supposed to create a personal project that is not bound by anything except our own limitations. The class is mostly devoted to the understanding and development of personal artistic style and that is what we will try to achieve in our first and 9 week ongoing project.

I started thinking about the topic for this project but can't come up with anything. It's the first day (few hours) so it's ok that I can't come up with anything.
I always come back to painting as there are some things I would like to learn to do.
And that is learning how to draw landscapes in proper perspective. I do Magic: The Gathering alters and that is where I would start and continue. I plan to do a series of textless lands to learn something about the perspective but it's time really time consuming and I might not have the time at all as I should spend my weekends in the game store I'll be owning in few weeks.

The second idea is - why not do a documentary movie about the game store? I know what I would want to take videos of and what to show in it. But this is something I can't plan and do on weekly basis. So this probably won't work either. (Since today we have a working website^_^)

There is one more thing I wanted to do in near future and that is work with some samples and my synthetizer to create some 'music'. No sense of rhythm does not help this and no experience whatsoever with all this might not help either.

Maybe a good night's sleep will help with brainstorming^_^. I need it. I haven't slept in a while.

That's all for the first unofficial post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment