Sunday, December 27, 2009

3d room model and QTVR

I present to you my (terrible) room I made in 3ds max^_^

We were supposed to create at least ten objects in a room. Take 13 shots from a camera placed in the middle of the room. Each shot would be under a certain angle. With a specialized program we would then create a quicktime virtual image.

I'm working on it still even though I'm not sure if I will finish it. Here are few rendered shots. The room is not finished and probably won't ever be as my modeling skills are really low.

I learned how to use 3d studio max to some extent. I used primarily edit poly/mesh but I discovered many ways how to work with a model. I realized that there are many modifiers that allow me to do something more precisely and in a much easier way than doing everything the hard way (moving vertices or polygons individually). But I did not spent so much time on it and that's why I'm not sure if I will be able to rediscover all this next time.

I learned more on texturing and UV mapping which is good and also I learned something about lights, cameras and projections.

As an introduction to 3ds max it was good but it did not help me much as next project was doing a model of a human body and animating it (500 frames.).



0 comments:

Post a Comment