Monday, December 21, 2009

Flash Animation

Stop motion is finally over. So now it all came to trying to come up with a Flash animation. I knew that my animation will hardly be anything good but I needed to try to learn something.

I wanted to do an animation of something appearing. At first I wanted to draw something and color it step by step and to show that. But I could do this via stop motion as well. So later I decided to do a kanji character appearing.

I started with doing the whole kanji and then I started masking it stroke by stroke. I had no idea how to do the increments or how fast it should be. I tried doing it so it would be visually good, but that's where my problem lies. If I would want to add sound I would encounter a huge problem. The way I did the animation is completely wrong. It's not realistic and thus the brush strokes sounds would be completely wrong.

I learned something about masking and animating objects (symbols) and such which I'm glad. But next time I need to think about an animation as a whole not just parts (video, audio).



Sakura Animation

0 comments:

Post a Comment