Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Intranet design

Few weeks ago I got employed (great news!). I work for FN Motol (Hospital) as a graphics designer. This means that I started creating stuff be it print documents or digital media.

There is intranet that I don't really have access to yet but I was asked to prepare a design for it. I've done something fast in Photoshop which ended up looking more or less ok (because I did not have access to intranet, otherwise I would use the code) and it was redelegated to the IT department. When we all saw the final result they produced later we were shocked because it did not really copy my style. When I had some spare time I decided to log on a machine actually connected to their network and use the code and restyle the page.

When doing this I realized that even small things matter and that my eye still catches so many things that are 'graphically' wrong. Often there can be awesome ideas and graphics but it would be nice if people could use the space in a better way. Especially now when there is so much space on our screens or the magazines/posters etc we see everyday. All those small changes count and can make something look great or at least acceptable and good.

This post is here to remind me that not only creativity is needed for a good design or a good looking page/advert etc. After struggling with a very let's say 'artistic' advert this was actually quite a revelation and it helped me finish it keeping this in mind. My design follows (not sure why the quality of the image is so bad..I actually saved the file in MS Paint because there is nothing better on the computer I could use)

0 comments:

Post a Comment