Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Exhibition Proposal

Concept
For the whole while studying at Prague College I was trying to find out who I am and how to express myself in various ways. I'm looking for my style. I'm looking for a way how to show my experiences through my works. The exhibition will feature several works that are direct links to what I like - Japan (and part of its pop culture - music games), Magic: The Gathering (representing trading card games) and part of a solar system (representing my interest in astronomy and science).

Space plan
On this plan you can see the measurements for my space. You can see two rooms and one long corridor. In the first room there will be items that are linked with Japan. My Fujiyama painting, calligraphy and Beatmania IIDX painting showing my hands and the game controller. In the other room there will be 'S'Tsung playing legacy' (where lagacy is written). There will be a table under the painting. On it there will be real Magic: The Gathering cards so you can link it with what I'm doing in the painting. On my side, there should also be some of the cards I altered (to be more precise photocopies of them - due to high cost of the cards.)

Individual Technical Rider
WhatCost or who provides it
tape
nails and hammer
cardboard
red color spray
2x 150mm x 100mm sheet of fabric
550 mm x 150mm dark fabric800CZK
calligraphic brush + ink
3x frames (Stromby B1)
LED spot lights
other lights
dark fabric #2 for table and hiding a computer
paper for mounting my stuff
glue in spray
white paint + equipment for it
2x table 75x751200CZK - school
chair500CZK - school?
projectorNX
computerNX
beatmania iidx real edition Myself/NX


Individual Budget
WhatCost
red color spray 240CZK
2x 150mm x 100mm sheet of fabric280CZK
550 mm x 150mm dark fabric800CZK
3x frames (Stromby B1)1200CZK
LED spot lights + other lights1500CZK
paper for mounting my stuff270CZK
glue in spray200CZK
white paint + equipment for it 1000CZK
2x table 75x751200CZK
chair500CZK
print2000CZK
other stuff500CZK


Production Plan
9 April - 15 AprilVisit to the place, taking measurements, deciding where each piece will be (Thursday). Space plan prepared (Sunday). Work on Space project. Finishing Fujiyama.
16 April - 22 AprilWork on 3d models for Space Project. Getting stuff for Space project and calculating the distances/sizes.
23 April - 27 AprilGetting brush and ink for Calligraphy. Preparing other projects for print - format B1.
1 May - 4 MayPreparing for Studio Presentation. Putting all documentation together.
7 May - 10 MayActual print, framing. Preparing everything for exhibition.

0 comments:

Post a Comment