Friday, February 24, 2012

Utopia by KaW experiment

My teacher suggested that I should try out Ableton to work with music. We had few sessions and a workshop about the software so I know what it can do, but I could never imagine myself working on it. So to try it out and see how it works I decided to 'transcribe' a song of a choice. At first I thought of NeoMax by DM Ashura but that would take me ages to transcribe so I tried Utopia - a song I was already capable of playing to some extent on the piano. Knowing the notes helps^^.

So here's my experiment. I had to stop somewhere in the middle of the song because I have no idea what the scales KaW has there. I'll try listening to the song a bit more or watch lin nan playing the song later and I might change it. For the time being there's just the 'melody part'. I might try to do some kind of percussion and add some effects next time. I want to explore that as well but for the time being I have no idea how I would even approach percussion and effects. So Utopia version 1. Hope Kyle won't kill me for it^^

EDIT: I added some percussion. I'm not really proud about it. But it more or less works. The major problem is in the goddamn part I can't make out rhytmically or well in other way...

0 comments:

Post a Comment