Friday, November 25, 2011

Time project rant

Lately I don't really have much time. I hardly slept and I had a lot of other work to do and I still have a lot to do. Two days before our Graduation Ceremony I was in my parents' house and I wanted shot a video for our next exercise. Unfortunately the camera ran out of battery and I wasn't able to recharge it so I could do it once again. Since that time I did not show up at my parents' house again.

In my game store I recorded a video. The light is awful and the video is recorded in full HD. The format is just impossible to work with.

I spend half a day installing all the Adobe programs I could probably need and now I'm not even sure if it registered properly. I realized that Premiere does not like the file and it won't even work with any AVI format I manage to get out of the source file.

So I installed Virtual Dub + AviSynth the most powerful tools for me for processing videos and tried to find a script that would process it. I couldn't find the one I already wrote about a year ago so I tried to write a new one. Hopefully linux users have a much better solution so I used their script to convert the video to xvid.

Now I have one video I wanted to work with. I wanted to add a stop watch and few more videos - it should have been a video collage about 3.5 minutes long that would show how time can flow. It would show different game videos actually that would be overlaying the Magic video. But I don't have the needed videos and I would need few more lines to add to my script, actually much more to integrate the videos. I think I can write it now after few hours of messing up with AviSynth.


Today I was working on converting one video and trying to make it look ok. See pic above. I refreshed my knowledge of AviSynth and of processing videos...That probably is a good thing. But in terms of 'something I can show' I have nothing.

Now it's time to move on, try to get DeltaMax working and do two videos that could work for my time project. But I'm still stuck with my Full HD Camera.

0 comments:

Post a Comment