Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Photography, Intention?

During our today's erm already yesterday's critique we had a discussion about photography as an art and the what intention we have when taking and presenting photos.

The actual editing (like choosing what to present) and presentation (how we are going to present it) is something difficult and even though we like something we might end up simply not showing that in the end as it simply 'does not fit'.

So well I decided to take few photos today (yesterday) and see what it would give me. I wanted to do a series of macro photographs of things I can come across in the game store.

When looking at the photos individually I chose several I liked. I put them together but it just did not work at all...

Then I remembered what the teacher said today. He said that it would be nice to see a context or well see all the photos at once. So I took all the photos and opened them in photoshop (it did not crash hopefully) in a way so I could see them all at once. At that very moment I saw 4 photos that seemed perfect for the presentation. The number already led me to a composition. Note that my previous picks were different and for example the lower right photo was out of question for me. But in the final picture below it seems to fit (at least to me, everything is subjective in this case I guess - opinions differ, but how it is it feels right for me in a certain way I can't describe)

Anyway all these photos are rather technical...not really expressing mood or showing something that could be art.


On the other hand here is a photo that I took because for me the lights were reflecting some kind of mood and I found it mesmerizing.(the quality of the photo is bad...but still reminds me of how it felt when I was standing there)

0 comments:

Post a Comment