Sunday, May 16, 2010

Leviathan progress report

Well, I tried to work on this image as it probably is the one most promising. The perspective is wrong but I did not manage to fix this. I tried working on this and tried to get the whole image seem somehow integrated. Usually when I concentrate on one thing then the rest seems too different and that breaks the image. So this hopefully looks coherent.

The colors were a problem too. The original colors were a bit different and I used different hues of each color in the process. In the end I came up with this (not too much red - that was a problem). Now the colors look more vivid and more pleasing to the eye (hopefully at least from my point of view).

Now I'm stuck as I don't know what else could be done to help the image. Shadings/Lights that's something completely incomprehensible for me in such a 'drawing'. It needs more detail, but it's much better than from what I started.

BTW it's a low res image (as I couldn't work with the original files, my computer was gone.) Still I think it is a good exercise. I know that working in high resolution is better and it gives much better results, but first I need to learn how to draw and color something in low res and make it coherent. If I manage this I can continue adding details (thus having bigger resolution as well).

0 comments:

Post a Comment