Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Logotypes project

Logotypes project is about creating logotypes for certain companies or stores. I chose to work on a logotype for a residential area - River Crescent and for a bar called Un Chien Andalou. I realized how much work and thinking is involved in creating a logotype and for the first time in my life encountered problems with searching for suitable fonts. I had no idea and I still don't really have an idea how to look for a particular font and I don't have a slightest idea of the even most heavily used commercial fonts. Our aim was to create a suitable logotype for the two chosen items
and show them both fat black and white and color and in appropriate context.

I started with some research. I had an idea for the Un Chien Andalou bar but not for the area. And had to find what I had in mind for the bar, that wasn't easy. I finally found the type of I was looking for.

I tried my best to find out where the font I had in mind originated from. After few days searching finally found what I was looking for. This kind of typefaces date from the end of the 18th century. They are easily recognizable thanks to great contrast between thin and thick lines. All these typefaces are not ornamented, are clean and look modern, have abrupt serifs and small appertures. First font of this group of fonts - didone - was invented by Firmin Didot from France. A picture of Didot typeface follows.



For the residential area logotype I had no idea what to look for so I started looking for some already existing logos. It did not really help me much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment