Thursday, May 7, 2009

Tattoo Design week 2

After the first week of doing sketches it came to doing first computer sketches.
Our professor really loved my paper sketch of mana symbols and wanted to see it done digitally so I decided to try my best with that. I took it as a 'learning material'. I tried to do the symbols so they would look the same as the ones. (mana symbols are coming from a card game called Magic: The Gathering)

I had real difficulties with those, especially with the white mana symbol (a sun). I couldn't come up with a way how to do it in a symmetrical way.

I had the very same problem with the first sketch on the image below (work name 'Dissension'). I had hard time figuring out how to make something symmetrical. With the rest of the sketches I could go free form and I'm quite content with them. (taking in account my capability of making it look good)

0 comments:

Post a Comment